• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Subic (1 Viewer)

levi

Several trip reports mention Subic bay as a good area for lowland birding but apart from observations no info can be found.
I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with the logistics.
-Do I need a permit to enter the area?
-Do I need a guide and private transport to be able to visit the area or would some directions and public transport do the job?
-Any directions to Subic and the birding area's (incl. 'hill 394') would be great.
-Any info on accommodation at the site?
Thanks a lot,
Levi

Several trip reports mention Subic bay as a good area for lowland birding but apart from observations no info can be found.
I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with the logistics.
-Do I need a permit to enter the area?
-Do I need a guide and private transport to be able to visit the area or would some directions and public transport do the job?
-Any directions to Subic and the birding area's (incl. 'hill 394') would be great.
-Any info on accommodation at the site?
Thanks a lot,
Levi

Maybe you'd like to visit the Subic Bay Website to check out a lot of information regarding Subic.

a). You don't need a permit to enter the area
b). Since you are new to the area, a guide and private transport would be great but if you are used to really long walks or using public transport then you can do it the hard way.
c). Birding in Subic is one of the easiest since from the roads itself, you will be able to observe a lot of birds already

My "lousy" captures in Subic

or you can check out the website of the BEST Philippine Bird Photographer around - Romy Ocon's Website - and look for his Subic Galleries to see the most beautifully photographed birds in Subic.

Good Luck :)

Thanks Divey,
You have some great photographs of birds in Subic.
The Subic Bay website you mention has no birdwachting info on offer however, it's pretty commercial actually if you ask me.
I found this website recently while surfing the net and it has lots of useful info.
Cheers,
Levi

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back