• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near to Kennford, Devon (1 Viewer)

Xurek

Och aye!
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend has a job interview near to Kennford in Devon next week. The interview is at the Centre for Contemporary Arts & The Natural World in the middle of a forest South West of Kennford (I'm not familiar with the area at all but I am sure you guys know where I mean).

So I will have a couple of hours to kill whilst my girlfriend is being interviewed and I was wondered if anyone could share some local knowledge on any interesting areas for birds nearby and any specialities that I wouldn't be able to see up in the Highlands of Scotland. An areas of the forest itself that are worth checking out? I will also have access to a car.

Any info much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sam

At Kenn your a very short drive from Haldon Hill which is known for its Birds of Prey, not having many hours that would be your best bet.

If you wanted to drive a but further and think you have time, head to Exmouth/Dawlish area for the Ex Estuary....as you can guess by the name whats there so what you'll get! haha

Powderham Castle isnt a million miles away, its a lovely estate and has its own deer population too if you wanted to see some deer!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back