• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in the north of Ireland (1 Viewer)

patroberts

My wife and I are new to birding having made the jump from garden bird watchers to budding enthusiasts. We are visiting our son who lives near Buncrana, Co Donegal over the Easter weekend and armed with our new bins and a Nikon ED50 we are keen to add to our growing tally. We know that Inch Island has a bird sanctuary as thats where our son lives but questions for the locals please.
a) Where else should we go and
b) What are we likely to see.

I'll report back on our return. Thanks

Regards Pat

I've only noticed this thread, tho' I'm not much help anyway.
Seawatching off Malin Head. There's a dump somewhere near Moville I think for gulls (possible white winged species). You could have a look in the region of Glenveigh for the re-introduced Golden Eagles. The mouth of Lough Foyle, at its narrowest point can be good if you've got a scope. Choughs are certainly one to look out for - they're quite common. I've seen Pale bellied Brent Geese along the coast North of Malin village. Otherwise, have a good time,

Zek.

patroberts said:
My wife and I are new to birding having made the jump from garden bird watchers to budding enthusiasts. We are visiting our son who lives near Buncrana, Co Donegal over the Easter weekend and armed with our new bins and a Nikon ED50 we are keen to add to our growing tally. We know that Inch Island has a bird sanctuary as thats where our son lives but questions for the locals please.
a) Where else should we go and
b) What are we likely to see.

I'll report back on our return. Thanks

Regards Pat

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back