• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Goshen, NY? (1 Viewer)

Stefan L

Hi, moving to Goshen, Orange County this summer, how is the birding in the area?

I know Bald eagles stay in wintertime, the Basherkill suppose to be nice.

How about city of Goshen? Any places? And comming from Sweden where we have a law called "All mens right" meaning everyone including visitors/tourists can go out in fields and forrests even if privately owned, as long u dont destroy property. I think I am up to s shock...."POSTED, TRESPASSERS WILL MEET ARMED RESPONSE...." and so fort..

Input anyone?

Cheers

Stefan

Stefan,
There is still private property in the USA. So if you see no trespassing signs it is best to honor them. Alternatively, in many cases, if you approach the property owners and ask them politely for permission to "bird" on the property, it may be granted to you. But don't wear out your welcome by bringing along too many friends. And, if possible, be sure to share your discoverys with the owners.

There are many excellent birding area's nearby. Don't miss the corridor of the Delaware River just 30 miles to the west of Goshen. Birding there can keep you busy for life!

Cordially,
Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back