• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Song, Scotland (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Bit of a shot in the dark this.

A friend has just phoned me from beside the river in Blairgowrie. He's hearing a song from the trees, which he describes as a loud, whistling "tchew"..... "tchew"..... "tchew". Then a break before it starts again.

I'm a bit stuck, any ideas, that I can explore.

A lot of odd sounds at this time of year turn out to be Chaffinch calls. That could be what this is, although no way of knowing for sure. 'Tchew' doesn't sound very whistly, so I'm finding this a bit hard to get my head round!

Thanks Andrew. He's going to try and get a recording or video on his phone. But I'm challenged trying to deal with either of these on my 'puter into a format to post on here.

You can type: 'convert xxx to .wav', and you should arrive at one of the free online file converters. I've tried attaching .wav files to posts here, and it should work provided that it's not overly long (which it probably won't be).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back