• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Feather ID (Staffordshire UK) (1 Viewer)

birdleg

Hello, saw this feather amongst the grass on a walk last week. Anyone know what bird it's from as not seen one like this before ?

Attachments

• 20210804_224811.jpg
    20210804_224811.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 28
I'm no expert in UK birds, but if this was christmastime I'd assume this feather was found under a pear tree.

Butty: Thank you for your reply with the featherbase link :) .. .. I had a look at the grey partridge feather and didn't think our feather looked like that either.

Cicada : Yay thank you for your ID & the link ... looks like it's a female common pheasant! Spot on! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back