• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird checklist for Enggano wanted (1 Viewer)

Dabush

Hi,

Going to Enggano island a place off south-west Sumatra in just a week to meet relatives, family etc

Plans to do some birding while there, Enggano got lots of endemics, both subspecies and species and finding it intresting to see some of these.

I still havent been able to find any good lists on birds occuring on this Island, but I have gathered info from the net, books etc

This is what I know so far

Enggano scops-owl
Enggano myna
Enggano White-eye
Spotted dove?
Nicobar pigeon?
Pink-necked Green Pigeon
Thick-billed Green Pigeon
Green Imperial Pigeon
Mountain Imperial Pigeon?
Pied Imperial Pigeon
Emerald dove
Ruddy cuckoo-dove
hawk-eagle but whichone?
Enggano Thrush

Not a large list and aim happy if anyone could add some names on birds which occur here, and tell me if any of the above birds are in error, and dont occur on Enggano as several apparently havent been confirmed on Enggano yet and more based on speculations.

Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back