• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binoculars Needed (1 Viewer)

mattwhite

I was wondering if you guys on the Durham Pages could reccomend some binoculars for me? I have around £100 to spend. I will be using them at the sites around the Durham patch.
I have looked at every make and model going but just end up more confused! All I need is someone to reccomend a particular model.

Thanks

Matt

Have you been to Darlington Photo Centre , Post House Wynd, Darlington.
http://www.darlingtonphotocentre5443.darlington.towntalk.co.uk/.

We got some from there about 5 years ago and they were quite happy for you to stand outside the shop to try them. They have them at various prices.

Infocus do have visits to various birding locations in the UK to demonstrate bins, scopes etc. Looks like the best 2 for you would be the one at Low Barns on Sun 16th May or if you cant wait that long there are at Washington WWT [trouble is you would have to pay the entry fee to WWT...but who knows the Avocets may return again for a real good reason to go ,,there are a few dates for there.
Sun 28 Mar / Sun 25 Apr / Sun 23 May / Sun 27 June / Sun 25 July

I would go with the Opticron I had Oregons 10x40 and they were fantastic waterproof as well. retail about £80.

Dont know if you would have to pay entry fee to see Infocus at Washington WWT as you are allowed to go to the cafe without paying and Infocus have their display in the room next door.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back