• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

binocular shops in Shropshire (1 Viewer)

the_handy_andy

So where are the binocular shops in Shropshire....excluding most Jessops (unless they have a good range of second hand gear)?

I know that CJ Wildbird Foods sell a few pairs (Opticron and Swarovski), but they are a bit of a bugger to get to. And whist not in Shropshire Codsell and Wergs Garden Centre sell Vikings/RSPB (but at the mo they have ****** all in stock). TFM at Stableford sell Hawke Blackwatch (porros??). Then there is Evergreen Optics but that is a bit of a haul.

What I need is somewhere with a good range and who aren't too expensive.

Thanks
Andrew

PS If you have any recommendations what I am looking to buy of 8x42, BAK4 roof, silver and/or Phase Coated prisms, good close focus, tripod socket to a max price of £200 (preferably quite a bit less)

Hmmmm.... I suggest you shop online, that's where I got mine from!! (I've got Leica 10x42 BN's).... If you see people out ask them about their bins etc, and maybe have a scan through them...
£200 or less?? You're after quite a bit of spec. for not a lot of dosh.... Second hand is certainly your best option as sadly £200 doesn't buy a great deal in binoculars (in my opinion that is...).
Have you searched on eBay??...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back