• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Billingham Galbin (1 Viewer)

TheGreyman

Howdy Folks,

Looking for experience and opinions on the Galbin binocular case. Considering the Galbin 10 for transporting binoculars with some weather protection. I currently use the supplied field bag that came with the Swaro's (EL 8.5x42 and 8x32). This works but I am looking for another product to carry said binoculars. The size 10 would work with either binocular one set at a time of course. What say you?

I use the Galbin 8 with my Zeiss SFL 8x40. Beautifully made with quality materials and a huge improvement over the Zeiss supplied one.

Hi, does the Galbin 8 work attached to the hip/belt?
Yes it does. If you have a look at the Billingham website they show the two leather straps which act as loops for a belt/harness.

My wife has the Galbin 10 for her Canon IS bino's. Superb bags.

Last edited:
Howdy Folks,

Looking for experience and opinions on the Galbin binocular case. Considering the Galbin 10 for transporting binoculars with some weather protection. I currently use the supplied field bag that came with the Swaro's (EL 8.5x42 and 8x32). This works but I am looking for another product to carry said binoculars. The size 10 would work with either binocular one set at a time of course. What say you?
I can't provide any info on the Gablin case , sorry .
If all you are using it for is transport , perhaps a pelican or pelican/storm case . I use Pelican/Storm cases for all my birding and astro bins . They are just transport cases for me and as robust as it gets , great protection from bumps and moisture . For birding or just viewing nature I use my neck straps for carrying my bins .
I tried attaching cases to my belt and didn't like it , felt awkward and fiddly . Wasted too much time getting the binoculars out of their cases .

Attachments

• MHG.JPG
    MHG.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01013 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01013 (Medium).JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back