• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best tripod adaptor for Meopta B1.1? (1 Viewer)

Northman

I was wondering whats the best tripod adaptor you have found for the Meopta line of binoculars?

I currently have an Sirui VA-5 video head.. and would like to continue using it.

Though it is expensive my vote is for the Swarovski TAS-SLC adapter. Fits well on my Meostars and is easy and fast to remove. There is a little "socket" that remains on the binocular and does not interfere with handling off tripod. The adapter is threaded with the most common standard tripod/camera thread. I use it on a Manfrotto Panoramic head.

Other than that I have a Leica adapter that used a rubber belt and catch. It broke, so I replaced it with a bungy cord which works great but I prefer the Swarovski adapter for several reasons.

check out outdoorsmans.com - get the tall tripod adapter and the universal stud. Nothing else comes close to quality/value. I had that setup with the meopta 12x50 - very solid. You already have the best tripod head too.

I use a homemade Berlebach style tripod adapter. I strongly prefer that style versus the adapters that screw into the binocular.

Another vote for the platform-type adapters, of which I consider the Leica to be the best. It works very well with any roof prism bin with objective sizes from 32-50 mm. I even had a 56 mm Conquest on mine but that was literally a bit of a stretch! The only disadvantage of a platform adapter is that you can't adjust the IPD once the the bin is affixed.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back