• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best region in turkey (2 Viewers)

dan78

Having just booked Madeira Iam looking at my next destination turkey can I ask the best region for birding and does anyone have accommodation recommendations many thanks
Dan

The "south coast" between say Anatalya across and east past Gaziantep to Birecek is the hot spot for most birds; most birders fly into Anatalya or Adana, the later perhaps more central.

cheers, alan

Actually, almost everywhere in Turkey is appropirate for bird watching I think. Especcially marshy places have many bird species. You should research this places;

1. Manyas Kuş cenneti (Manyas Bird Paradise Lake)/Balıkesir.(National Park)
This place hosts 3 million birds from 266 bird species in only 64 hectars.

2.İncesu Canyon( the worlds second big canyon)/Çorum (this city is my homeland;) )
It has more than 21 bird species. But its difficult to finding bird because its dangerous, thousand of people have died here! (İts photo is on my avatar)

This places that which I know the best. And I can advice you some more places even if I dont know much more. But I‘ve seen many birds in there, you should research.

3.Ayder Yaylası/ Rize (noth-east)
4.Dalyan/Muğla (south-west)
5.Kunduz forests/Samsun (north)
6.Pamukkale/ Denizli (south of turkey)

And, I can help more everyone who wants to visit Turkiye :)
You can reach me this adress; [email protected]
Zeynep Betül Yumlu
Have a good trip..

Last edited:
Which resort is the best to have a base, as i'm thinking of a family holiday in Turkey, with a chance for me to disappear now & again, mainly on foot, to do some birding in the locality, whilst the rest of the family enjoy the beach.

Phil

Which resort is the best to have a base, as i'm thinking of a family holiday in Turkey, with a chance for me to disappear now & again, mainly on foot, to do some birding in the locality, whilst the rest of the family enjoy the beach.

Phil

I reckon Side, ancient ruins there are fabulous spring migration time, also can travel to see Brown Fish Owls and up into mountains at Akseki.

Search Turkey reports under vacational Trip Reports. I was at Antalya (Lara Beach) but Side (an hour away) would have been even better I reckon.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back