• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Belfast (1 Viewer)

Hi there is an RSPB hide in the Harbour Industrial Estate.Also there is Kiltonga Nature Reserve in Newtownards well worth a visit.If you visit my blog it will give you an idea of the types of birds you will see, habitat etc.Here is the link > Blog

Last edited:
If you have no transport you could visit the Waterworks on the Antrim Road and the Lagan Valley Country Park as both are accessible by bus. Holywood/Bangor and Whitehead are easily done by train as is Glynn and Larne Lough. All these have walks from a station and back or in the case of Holywood you can walk the coastal path (6 - 7 miles ) to Bangor and get the train back. There are also intermediate stations if you get tired.

If you have a car you could go anywhere round Strangford Lough and it is only an hour to Oxford Island which is always worth a visit. If you visit the RSPB hide in Belfast first the volunteer on duty will be able to help you with all the above and give a few other options besides. There is a bus to the hide if you have no transport.

If you want any more ideas PM me and if you let me know your dates I might be able to help you out.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back