• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beardies at Leighton Moss (1 Viewer)

halftwo

Wird Batcher
Any recent sightings at LM of Bearded tits?
Have a BirdingPal coming from the US for a look in Feb.
Thanks
H

Good idea Johnny! Will do.

OK have done. It's not very up-to-date.

Any recent news?

Last edited:
halftwo.
Check it out before you go all the way there-I went last week (my 1st ever visit) and it was under 40cm of water. We could only get to the nearest hide. One of the staff told me the water will soak into the ground @ 2cm per day IF IT DOESN'T RAIN AGAIN. It was a long (120 mile round trip) to look at water!!
Mind you-from the feeding station I had a nice view of a Nuthatch so I was well pleased.

Best bet is to walk down the track towards the public hide from 9 am onwards and on the right hand sign by a small fence there is an opening in the reed area.On the right hand side there is a grit tray that beared tits fly down to at around 0930/1000 am.Thats your best bet apart from one randomly flying over.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back