• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery operated, wireless, wifi, nestbox cameras? (1 Viewer)

MGT

Does such a thing exist?

A battery operated, wireless, wifi, nest box camera?

There are plenty of home security cameras in existence that meet this criteria, however, I’m unable to find nest box cameras that meet this criteria.

If anyone is able to inform me of the existence of such a nest box camera it would be much appreciated?

Thanks in advance,
Miles

The battery operated security cameras work a bit like trail cameras, they only film things when they detect something. Even then the battery life is not good. A next box camera is "always on" and needs illumination to work in the box, not a good combination for battery life. I had a battery powered wireless nest box camera many years ago. It send signals to a receiver plugged into the back of the TV. It would get through 8 D-Cell batteries in less than a week, in the end I just ran power out to it.

I did suspect that may be the issue but very surprised the batteries exhausted themselves that quickly. I’d have thought the motion detection system would have compensated but your experience obviously proves otherwise.

The motion detection system would activate the camera continuously, and totally drain the battery fast . A time-lapse arrangement would possibly help.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back