• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barrow Information Wanted (1 Viewer)

dtpavlik

Bugger
Hey,

I will be working with shorebirds in Barrow this summer (June - early August) and have found some information about the birds present. However, Sibleys shows birds such as Yellow Wagtail and Bluethroat as having a range reaching Barrow, but none of the trip reports I have read have seen those.

Is there anywhere I can get a good, compiled bird checklist with dates of the birds?

Also, if anyone cares to share their experience in Barrow, that would be great.

And if anyone has any info at all about the butterflies in/around Barrow, I have found absolutely no info.

Thanks!

You might want to get in touch with Daniel Gibson former curator of ornithology at the UAF Museum of the North. He can help you out with that. As far as butterflies, Kenelm Philip is the one you want to get a hold of. Go to www.uaf.edu click on the link for directory and you can put in their names and probably get their e-mail addresses.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back