• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barnegat- mid-Novemebr (1 Viewer)

Strandman

It looks like I may have a day's birding in New Jersey 15th November- does anyone happen to know when the Harlequins usually reappear at Barnegat?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I would try to contact Scott Barnes of the NJ records comitte, he is up on all of the rarities and could give you a good prediction.

Scott Barnes

<myiarchus16 AT YAHOO.COM>

ps - since you will be very close to Brigantine I recommend you try to bird Forsythe NWR if you have the time , this is one of the best spots for rarities in the area.

Last edited:
Apologies for tardy reply, but I find an easy way is through ebird.org. Click "View and Explore data" -> Maps. Type in Harlequin Duck. You'll get some info back, but immediately narrow it down by clicking "Change Location." Select New Jersey and the "Entire Region" radio button. Now you'll get a week-by-week graphical view of when Harlequin Ducks get reported in NJ.

The map tab on the same page displays locations of reported sightings.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back