• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barbary Macaque, High Atlas (2 Viewers)

mollymawk

Anyone have a reliable site in the High Atlas?

We are staying in the Ouirgane area for week in mid-April and will have car for at least part of the time. I think I have sufficient information for the birds but info on monkeys is a bit sparse.

With thanks in anticipation.

I should put my report back online (disappeared with travellingbirder...)
There are two spots near Azrou - put the coordinates into google maps for the exact location:
- the Maison de la Cèdre. I saw it along the touristic road west of the main road (33.418905,-5.182203) (search for Barbary Macaque on Surfbirds to get an idea!)
- they are apparently even easier at Cèdre Gouraud (33.426664,-5.155435), which is east of the Maison de la Cèdre.

I should put my report back online (disappeared with travellingbirder...)
There are two spots near Azrou - put the coordinates into google maps for the exact location:
- the Maison de la Cèdre. I saw it along the touristic road west of the main road (33.418905,-5.182203) (search for Barbary Macaque on Surfbirds to get an idea!)
- they are apparently even easier at Cèdre Gouraud (33.426664,-5.155435), which is east of the Maison de la Cèdre.

I can vouch for Cedre Gourand. Take a piece of fruit and they'll come up to you, take it out of your hand, and sit there eating it while you take their photo...

Hi

Anyone have a reliable site in the High Atlas?

We are staying in the Ouirgane area for week in mid-April and will have car for at least part of the time. I think I have sufficient information for the birds but info on monkeys is a bit sparse.

With thanks in anticipation.

Hi,
We are heading out to Morocco on Friday and have 3 nights in Ourigane, we won't have transport whilst we are there but will be going walking. Do you have any birding recommendations?

Cheers
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back