• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagles along the Red River? (1 Viewer)

JT3662

If anyone has any info on this topic, please let me know. I'm trying to find a good location for viewing and photographing that's not too far from the DFW area. Llano is popular, but it would be an overnight adventure.

Thanks,
John

Try Lake Fork. They do an eagle tour as well I believe, in Jan. You should be able to google it and get an idea of where to look even before Jan. I see them at John Bunker Sands as well, in Kaufman county. You can bird JBS the 1st & 3rd Sat of every month. http://www.wetlandcenter.com/

My brothers, who live in Wills Point, tell me they have Bald Eagles at Lake Tawakoni every year. That is ver near to Dallas.

Lake Tawakoni & Lake Fork are not that far apart. You do see them at Tawakoni, but more often at Lake Fork. They have even started showing up at Benbrook Lake, just outside of Ft Worth, however you don't see it all the time.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back