• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arundel and Montegu Harriers (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Hi All We were staying at Fontwell and went for an evening picnic on the water meadows by the River Arun below Arundel Castle, this area is on the East Sussex-Hampshire border. During an after picnic stroll along the Arun I saw what I have identified as a pair of Montegu Harriers, sadly it was not a clear sight, they flew over the meadows and then circled just above tree level in the castles woodland. As we were passing through, from Liverpool on a visit to Grndchildren we dont know this area well, I wondered was my sighting a real possibility in this area, Im sure enough but cant find if there are any other sightings of the Harriers at all in this area.

Good Birding PeterK

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back