• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arctic Redpoll? Identification, please? (1 Viewer)

Mikrometric

Seen over the past week or so in our Cheshire back garden, with Lesser Redpolls and Goldfinches. Feeds on the ground under the seed feeders and is notably larger and paler then the Lessers.
Guides tell me East coast winter visitor

Attachments

• Arctic Redpoll (4).jpg
    Arctic Redpoll (4).jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 769
  • Arctic Redpoll (7).jpg
    Arctic Redpoll (7).jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 681
  • Arctic Redpoll (8).jpg
    Arctic Redpoll (8).jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 945
Seen over the past week or so in our Cheshire back garden, with Lesser Redpolls and Goldfinches. Feeds on the ground under the seed feeders and is notably larger and paler then the Lessers.
Guides tell me East coast winter visitor

Wow! That's a beauty. I can't believe how big looks compared to the other redpolls! Can I come and have a look over your fence???

Last edited:
A real stunner! Size wise much bigger than the other Redpolls.

I have family in the village of Audlem, near Crewe. Is it anywhere near there?

NW Cheshire. Not far from Chester.
Slightly fuzzy profile pic, for beak shape. Much smaller beak than Lessers'.

Attachments

• Arctic Redpoll (3).jpg
    Arctic Redpoll (3).jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 460
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back