• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Apple Computer Setup for editing "CLICKS" anyone..? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are aspects of this thread which are peculiar, and other aspects which are unpleasant, viz. people effectively ganging up to mock one contributor. Now that I (finally) understand what's happening here, I prefer not to be a part of it - and so I have deleted as many of my previous posts as possible (those posted within the last 24 hrs) and have asked mods to remove my earlier ones too.
This thread, and similar strange dialogues elsewhere, seem to serve no useful purpose for anyone on BF other than to provide a target for mockery - so I think that the community spirit of BF would be better served if a) this whole thread was removed and b) (the obvious) steps were taken to prevent a recurrence.

There are aspects of this thread which are peculiar, and other aspects which are unpleasant, viz. people effectively ganging up to mock one contributor.

I share this sentiment, and to me this seems entirely unnecessary and disrespectful.

We as a group tend to make more fuss about birds than the general public might consider necessary, but I've never experienced any mocking.

There are quite a few members if this forum that get pleasure from showing of their so called alpha bins. No collective mocking there--and why should there be?

Here is a member showing, what is by objective standards, very nice photography equipment and a nice image processing set up (well, Apple based, but that can be forgiven).

It makes me sad and uncomfortable that a a number of members from community that I otherwise greatly enjoy being part of, considers this acceptable.

Members are asked to be respectful, a degree of teasing and joking is of course part of the life of the forum, but not where it turns very personal or into a vendetta. Several posts on this thread were clearly over the line, were offensive and were deleted.

For now, this thread is closed, but any member is entitled to showcase their new equipment, even if it is still in the box :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back