• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

anyone ever seen. (1 Viewer)

frankiex

a red kite overhead in the durham city area or anywhere near durham,believe they have been seen at waldridge.

I don't know the area very well, but would imagine Red Kites are very possible in Durham since the Gateshead release scheme.

With the birds staring to spread from Gateshead is probably likely over the future years we will get them more and more over Durham.

Nice find!

Cheers,

I see them regularly at Beamish Valley,High Handenhold,only 2 miles from Chester le Street,also regularly see GSW,Dipper,Kingfisher,Roe Deer at the same site.

Red Kites dispersing

Red Kites are dispersing from their core area in the Derwent Country Park, and Gibside near Rowlands Gill.

Causey Gill, near Beamish, has kites again this year. Have a look at our thread on Birdforum (via Birds of Prey).

Go to our website for more information:

www.friendsofredkites.org.uk

Kitewatch starts tomorrow and continues for the following three Sundays. Details on the website.

June Atkinson
Press & Publicity Officer
Friends of Red Kites
in the North East of England

I don't know the area very well, but would imagine Red Kites are very possible in Durham since the Gateshead release scheme.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back