• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Starling Roosts at the moment?? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Due to several reasons I haven't travelled much recently. Last year I was thrilled/amazed to see the evening roosts at Marbury & Blackpool.
I have a family member that has never seen this sight and I want to take him so.............
Can someone please advise me.......
Is the evening roosting happening at Marbury at the mo' & if so whereabouts ?
Any other locations that give decent views ?
Thanks in advance.

Yes the Starlings are roosting again at Marbury CP though sometimes they move to Neumann's Flash or roost near the yacht club rather than in the normal reed bed. The Bittern is now back so may also be seen as the starlings arrive.

Had a walk over Runcorn Bridge last Sunday and whilst it wasn't a huge roost - maybe a few thousand - it was quite a spectacle up close - and they roost under the bridge as well as in the steelwork which I'd never spotted before.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back