• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aiguamolls de l'emporda (1 Viewer)

Ruud3105

Dutch in Spain
Spain
Took a little trip this morning up to Aiguamolls de l'Emporda - it was my first time up there and it was great. Seen lots of white Storks, Flamingo's, green winged Teals, Northern Shovelers, Dunlin's, a few raptors - marsh harriers, Kestrel, buzzard and a bunch of smaller birds, highlight being the Firecrests I think. It was a bit disappointing not seeing more waders and shorebirds. I was hoping to see a Snipe, some Plovers perhaps etc.

Also, today for the first time I noticed my awesome 8x42 Vortex binoculars don't have the power I sometimes need to identify some of the birds further away. Maybe I need to investigate into a spotting scope or maybe a 10x optics binoculars Also, I really would like to move from my bridge to maybe a used DSLR setup or anything that's not going to cost me 5k euro. Admitting I don't know much about it so need to do more research.

Attachments

• P1010444.jpg
    P1010444.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • P1010433.jpg
    P1010433.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • P1010436.jpg
    P1010436.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • P1010432.jpg
    P1010432.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • P1010421.jpg
    P1010421.jpg
    10.1 MB · Views: 6
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back