• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Affinity Photo (1 Viewer)

If your confused as to why I’m promoting Affinity Photo when I use Capture One then it’s simple.

Capture One unless it’s on sale is $299 and every couple of years they update it and you pay $150 or something like that.
It will not do a lot of things that Affinity Photo does, and object removal is far better in Affinity than Capture One.
For $25 or £25 when it’s on sale it’s an absolute bargain and it’s a one off price, updates are free.
For the vast majority of photographers it’s perfect and a great price.

Yeah its a fabulous price as you say. Still, having had to use DNG converter since the start of owning a D810, it won't hurt to wait a while and if they do discount in the near future, i'll grab it

Maybe a silly couple of questions, but here goes:
1. does the licence include copying the programme to multiple devices - I edit my photos on three different PCs, and would like to avoid having to buy three licences.
2. is this a stand alone programme, working without the need to connect to the internet whilst editing files.

I am sure someone out there can answer these questions.

SW

Maybe a silly couple of questions, but here goes:
1. does the licence include copying the programme to multiple devices - I edit my photos on three different PCs, and would like to avoid having to buy three licences.
2. is this a stand alone programme, working without the need to connect to the internet whilst editing files.

I am sure someone out there can answer these questions.

SW
Providing you’re sticking to all Windoze or all MAC OS you can use it on as many as you like.

Stand alone, no need for connection.

You’re welcome. It’s a bit daunting but there’s lots of YouTube videos to help you get going.
bought it, tried it for a few weeks then requested a refund, far too complicated for me

it was taking nearly 30 minutes per photo to edit

not for me sadly

bought it, tried it for a few weeks then requested a refund, far too complicated for me

it was taking nearly 30 minutes per photo to edit

not for me sadly

That's a shame, Prestdj.

'See this picture I've attached, the right hand side is the trees as they were; the left hand side is the right hand side trees copied over to the left. The left hand side, as it was originally, was an awful mess which completely ruined the picture and would not have been presentable without the healing brush. 'Took a minute to do.

That's a nice bird in a nice pose. 'Worth a bit of patience to sort out one side of the picture. When I first bought Affinity, I thought: "Christ, what is this?", icons everywhere with no apparent logic to their placing. But then I had no photo editing experience. If you keep going with it you'll find you only use about 5 or 6 of the icons/options. I only ever user the sharpening using bilateral blur, the inpainting brush to remove something, the healing brush to replicate one of part of the picture, soft light now and again depending on how it turns out, and sometimes I slightly adjust the contrast and brightness but not often. And, the other thing I do is use the resize instead of crop which experienced photo editors swear makes a difference to image quality but I can't tell any difference whatsoever. And that's it.

I had no experience of photo editing before I bought Affinity, so if I can do it anyone can.

Attachments

• Common Redstart4.jpg
    Common Redstart4.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 27
It took a lot longer for me than 30 minutes to edit a photo when i first started using Adobe CS4. It's just spending time with it. That's all

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back