• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice/guidance for Phone Scoping (1 Viewer)

Cjl92

Scotland
Afternoon guys, newbie here so go easy!!!!
I’ve been interested in bird spotting for year’s, without really doing anything about it. Recently I’ve wanted to spend more time, taking either photos or videos of birds. After consideration, quality v price I’ve opted for an Celestron Ultima 100mm scope with 22-66 eyepiece. Having a bit of difficulty matching the adapter (though hopeful newly ordered adapter will resolve) with an I phone 11 for my photos. Tripod is not really up to the job, so hoping to get a decent tripod replacement soon. (Seen some of the K&F models look sturdy enough at a reasonable price)
I’ve tried the scope, as a scope, and was impressed when it was steady enough, just looking for a few tips for phone scoping from any of you guys who have went down the same route. Not expecting image quality to match expensive DSLR’s and quality 400/600 lenses, and viewing will be predominately phone, or occasional you tube.
Cheers for the help,
Chris

Hi Chris and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sorry I can't help with phonescoping, but someone will no doubt be along soon with some advice for you.

Meanwhile, you might be interested to know that all things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back