• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Access for viewing gulls on Richmond Bank (2 Viewers)

Morg

I found myself with some free time last week as I was driving along the M56 so I thought I'd try and view the gulls at Richmond Bank. Without any local knowledge a quick Google didn't seem to help somehow and I ended up driving around a not very interesting series of dead ends, housing estates and industry. Could someone indicate the best options for access so that I can avoid a similar trip next time?...

Many thanks

Geoff

Hi Geoff, yeah I did the same the first time too! Pm me next time and Ill give you full directions. If I'm free I might even take you there.

H

Sorry to butt in on this one, any chance of the directions for Richmond Bank? I too have wandered all over the place but never found it

Cheers

Sorry to butt in on this one, any chance of the directions for Richmond Bank? I too have wandered all over the place but never found it

Cheers

From warrington take A57 sankey way then A562 to wards widnes though penketh you will come to a rounderbout continue A562 about a 1/3 of a mile and take left turn down tannery lane on to station rd when you get to bottom just befor level crossing park in car park on left and walk across rial way and canal and walk up tow path to the left till you get to next bridge on right you will see a footpath walk up this and you will see the river then follow track about 50 yards or so and you should see Richmond bank on the river to your right hope this is of help to you
|=)|MIKE:cat:

Thanks for all the help - looks like being North of the river helps for a start!!!

Halftwo - I'll PM you next time I'm heading that way.

Geoff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back