• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

About time I joined.. (1 Viewer)

cugsy

I've been lurking about watching this site and picking its brains for about a year - I only belong to one forum and thats an astro one (with the same user id,if anyone recognises it!). Well,I'm hoping to spend the new year getting the list up to date and improving my bird id skills....bladdy warblers...so I'm here now. I've been into wildlife and birding for ages but since we moved to norfolk 3 years ago and discovered a myriad of different animals and particularly birds, my missus and I are hooked.
Because of the astro stuff I've got a pile of scopes; and with the photography too many lenses too. I have a Sony alpha200 with a sigma 170-500mm . Its not bad but distance needs more focal length so i'm experimenting with my celestron 80ed at 600mm f7.5 I'm dying to get some decent piccies....Oh and I currently use a brilliant kowa 823m with a couple of eyepieces and some digiscoping gear which is driving me barmy - hence the 80ed route. Nuff said Hello all John

Hi John and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure we will enjoy having you here

D

Hey John!

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi folks,nice warm welcome. I had a choice today - overtime this weekend or go to Lakenheath tomorrow. Lakenheath it is then.....probably on my own 'cos her ladyship won't get up at 6am. Hmmm,peace and quiet.

Welcome mate! Hope you enjoy the forum:t: also i have always wanted to visit Lakenheath, isnt that were they have Golden orioles in summer?o:D

Lakenheath is beautiful and the orioles are even better,especially that haunting call. But I'm hoping to se what state the Bitterns are in...they've had it hard. And there are the cranes of course. I'm also itching to try the Sony alpha 200 - 80ed combo.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back