• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why are my Little Stints bigger than my Temminck's Stints? Dushanbe, Tajikistan (1 Viewer)

PhilSteiner

Tajikistan
Photos all from yesterday in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. I am confident about the Temminck's Stints. But many of the Little Stints seem larger than the Temminck's. Do I have a combo of beefy Littles and scrawny Temminck's, or am I mis-IDing some Sanderlings as Little Stints? I'm particularly interested in opinions on the darker bird in the last two photos.

Attachments

• DSCN9805whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9805whatbird.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN9806whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9806whatbird.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN9814whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9814whatbird.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • DSCN9816whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9816whatbird.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN9848whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9848whatbird.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN9853whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9853whatbird.JPG
    405 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN9854whatbird.JPG
    DSCN9854whatbird.JPG
    747.1 KB · Views: 67
Photos all from yesterday in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. I am confident about the Temminck's Stints. But many of the Little Stints seem larger than the Temminck's. Do I have a combo of beefy Littles and scrawny Temminck's, or am I mis-IDing some Sanderlings as Little Stints? I'm particularly interested in opinions on the darker bird in the last two photos.
Sanderling wouldn't have the hind toe that is visible on at least one of the larger birds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back