• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Muck Boot? (1 Viewer)

Lawts

Supa Silly Un
Thoughts on which in the range is best for birding in UK conditions. I'm thinking Muckmaster as more rubber than cloth for wet conditions, but unsure hence the query.

Thoughts on which in the range is best for birding in UK conditions. I'm thinking Muckmaster as more rubber than cloth for wet conditions, but unsure hence the query.
I’ve got muck boots and they leaked badly after a year. I’ve sealed the leaks but when they leak again I’ll be looking elsewhere.

I trash wellies frequently (as I like to bird in them!), after trashing my 3rd pair of Hunters in as many years walking to Spurn lighthouse across the tidal break a few years ago, I decided to go ‘ugly’ and bought a pair of edgewater from Amazon which so far have been perfectly functional and have no splits so far. They’re not available at the moment but presumably they are not much different from other Mucks C1D5805D-8C16-4747-9D3C-425492DFD515.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got a pair of Muckster II coming for Christmas. Went for ankle length which I hope I don’t regret. The water was pretty deep around the back of Kenfig Pool the other day.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back