• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Coast of Greece in October (1 Viewer)

simon

I am going on a family hol at the end of October to Paleros on the west coast of the greek mainland and am hopeing to retain my sanity by getting out for a day or so birding reasonably local. Has anyone got any info on this area please ? Is it any good for birding ? Any local reserves etc?
Thanks in advance 8-P

simon said:
I am going on a family hol at the end of October to Paleros on the west coast of the greek mainland and am hopeing to retain my sanity by getting out for a day or so birding reasonably local. Has anyone got any info on this area please ? Is it any good for birding ? Any local reserves etc?
Thanks in advance 8-P

Hi Simon

I am at work at the moment but I will try and help when I get home later on.

I had a fortnight in Parga (about 50 miles north of Paleros) and did some extensive birding around there. I had some fantastic birds and will link a trip list and locations if I can.

Amvrakikos Gulf is a massive area but one you must visit. It has a wealth of different habitats surrounding it and anything could turn up there.

Give mine, and the other reports, a good read and i'm sure you will find places to go to.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back