• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vancouver Island (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Started to plan my main summer holiday - probably a leisurely family trip to Vancouver Island in Late July/August (need to earn some 'brownie' points after 2 years of trips to S America without my family.) I know this isn't really the best time to visit but restricted to UK school holidays. Can any one suggest where I should visit or give any other advice, I'll probably be there for around 4 weeks, mammals are as much of a priority as birds.

I have the Birder's guide but it isn't particularly easy to decide on the top sites with this book.

Any advice appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Check out birding.bc.ca. You can click on links for birding in Victoria and Nanaimo. There are also some links to tourism websites for Nanaimo, Victoria, and Vancouver Island. You might think about spending a few days in Vancouver, too. There are a lot of birding areas here. Two birding books that may be useful for you are:

A Birder's Guide to Vancouver Island
The Birder's Guide to Vancouver and the Lower Mainland

My fiancé and I are planning a trip to Scotland and France for late July to mid-August. If you have any suggestions for birding in Scotland, please send me a message.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll enjoy B.C.
Kate

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back