• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunny Dungeness in the Spring, already!! (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Lovely sunny day last Thursday, saw me heading down to Dungeness and local area, for a full days birding. Bewick & Whooper Swans, Cattle Egrets, Marsh harriers and a very enjoyable Seawatch the highlights. Though listening to the Booming Bitterns, Squealing Water Rails and the explosive burst of Cetti's Warbler song was also very pleasant and a reminder that Spring is very much Springing!! The dancing Grebes were cool as well!! More detail and a lot of pics on the blog at the link below

559A6634.JPG

559A8304.JPG

Fantastic, lived and worked at Rye Harbour in the early 90s and used to visit Dunge and Pett all the time. Great to see my old stomping grounds
Thanks for that, yes it's a great area, especially at this time of year, hope to visit again in a couple of months, bit of a trek for me , about an hour and a half but very much worth it!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back