• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Steiner 15x56 HX added to the collection (1 Viewer)

Elkhornsun

United States
I have been gradually working my way up in binocular magnification going to 10x and then 12x and now a 15x bino from Steiner. They are 44 ounces but do not feel heavy in use. One thing that is very nice are the angled eyecups that shield the eyes from side lighting and improve the comfort when resting the soft eyecups against the face.

The binos also have a quick release strap and I like being able to remove the strap when putting optics on top of a tripod. No worries about getting caught on the strap and sending the binos and tripod crashing to the ground.

For very small birds I get more detail and can see more of the bird whether or not I am trying to identify a bird.

At one third the price of the Swarvoski 15x56 SLC binos they are a very good value.

How about the correction of chromatic aberration in central zone? Do you find it effective?

Last edited:
Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy!
I have the 8x42 from that series, and like you I find those eyecup very clever. A good glass for the money.

"The binos also have a quick release strap and I like being able to remove the strap when putting optics on top of a tripod. No worries about getting caught on the strap and sending the binos and tripod crashing to the ground."
Great feature for tripod mounting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back