• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sport Optics (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tenex, see below.

"Unfortunately, due to a change in the management, Meopta is no longer producing sports optics. So sad because their MeoStar B1 8x32 is a lovely piece of kit".

Lee

Perhaps sometime soon there would be a formal announcement, after all they have to discuss how they will treat the Warranty issues going forward.

Tenex, see below.
The remark you quoted from Lee is in another thread I'd stopped following, here.

This is would be very sad news. I've asked a manager at Meopta USA to comment, but may not hear back immediately. We had just finally got the 30-60W eyepiece for our scope after over a year's delay, which now seems rather fortunate. We love the S2 (which we'd been using with the 20-70) but what will would this mean for service, if needed down the road?

I'd been worrying about all the years of fiddling with the B1 series appearance without ever bringing out a B2, which seemed a sign of some sort of trouble. But surely the past two years have been good for optics sales. If there's an official announcement I hope it gives some further explanation.

Last edited:
I would surmise that most of the actual Optics are made in the Czech Republic, and the EUs decisions as of late may curtail many businesses down the road.

I've never seen another pair of Meopta binos when I'm out and about.
I seriously rate mine as up there with the best, easily the equal of Ultravids, and I am a big Ultravid fan.
But It doesn't seem that they do sell many bins.... or get the credit they deserve.... unless folk have seen otherwise🧐

I've never seen Meopta gear in the field either, but it seems to be popular among hunters. Our scope is excellent, as anyone who's tried it has agreed. The bins seem always to lag a bit behind alphas in weight, transmission, and/or FOV -- but rugged, very nice, and good value for money. They remind me very much of Trinovid Ultras (BA/BN). I'd love to see them improved further, but competition with Kamakura clones must be difficult.

Who, where? I do wish people would post links...
That's because when the occasional "hunting" word comes up around here, people tend to act flabbergasted, like you just stole their birthday or first born. It was posted on a "hunting" forum to answer your question.

All the Meostars are excellent glass, but the major issue for some viewers here is they are too heavy. The optics are right up there with the best though IMO. I will be looking at some of the newer B1 Plus 42s in the near future. I am very impressed with the B1 Plus in 8X32.

I've never seen Meopta gear in the field either, but it seems to be popular among hunters. Our scope is excellent, as anyone who's tried it has agreed. The bins seem always to lag a bit behind alphas in weight, transmission, and/or FOV -- but rugged, very nice, and good value for money. They remind me very much of Trinovid Ultras (BA/BN). I'd love to see them improved further, but competition with Kamakura clones must be difficult.
Hello,

I used to carry a MeoPro 6.5x32 and a 10x32, but I have lightened my daily load. Now I stick to an 8x32FL.

Stay safe,
Arthur

That's because when the occasional "hunting" word comes up around here, people tend to act flabbergasted, like you just stole their birthday or first born. It was posted on a "hunting" forum to answer your question.
You participate on this forum and then denigrate its members and moderator as pussies on another forum.
That is deceitful and hypocritical.

You participate on this forum and then denigrate its members and moderator as pussies on another forum.
That is deceitful and hypocritical.
Thanks for pointing this out.
ElPollo has a nice response in that Rokslide thread.

The Rokslide bino forum is pretty good. I read it sometimes. I’ve found some of their reviews helpful.
Sometimes they cover binocular models not mentioned here too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back