• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharm - Which Field Guide? (2 Viewers)

Richard G

Have booke two weeks in Sharm next Easter for a family holiday, combined with some diving & sightseeing.

Has anybody got a recommendation for which would be the best field guide to cover this area?

Cheers,

Richard

I used Lars Joensons field guide for europe and middle east (this is not the exact title), and that worked out well. I think the Collins guide have been recommended as well as also covering that area.

Niels

Collins wll cover most things but maybe take one of the Middle East guides as well in case you get lucky with anything.

Steve

I have a first addition of Lars Jonsson Birds of Europe with North Africa and the Middle East and it doesn't include White-eyed Gull or Sooty Gull which are the two Gull species which are probably most prominent in the area. I dont know whether later additions include these Gulls. The Collins guide does include both these species.

Thanks
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back