• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SFL 10X30 (1 Viewer)

Good to know the weight. I was hoping they’d come in at around a lb.

As for price, I think they’ll retail at something around $1500 in the US. With the SFL 40s, the Euro (inc tax) and USD list prices were around the same, and the couple of on-line retailers that have listed the SFL 30s have put the full list price at just above Euro 1500.

Last edited:
If the FOV is 120m, then these have less light throughput per weight, than the SF 10x32.

Whereas the SFL 40s have more than the equivalent SF.

It's really easy to edit the images with Photoshop. In addition, all the pictures can no longer be found on the pages. Maybe there is still a Christmas miracle. I'm still waiting for my SFL 8x40, my first binoculars.

It's really easy to edit the images with Photoshop. In addition, all the pictures can no longer be found on the pages. Maybe there is still a Christmas miracle. I'm still waiting for my SFL 8x40, my first binoculars.
But why would one want to go to the trouble of editing in such a case? Just don't expect a "X-mas miracle". Easter would do. ;)

30mm is correct, just read the inscripions on the binoculars. Also, the barrels are quite a bit slimmer than on the x40 version. One reason why these models are particularly tempting for people with small hands like myself.
That's what I get for posting first thing in the a.m. I can see how they weigh only 16.2 oz.

I really like the 8x40s and will probably order a pair of 8x30s as soon as available.

That being said, I'd rather the UHD concept had been implemented in the SFs.

Last edited:
I’m definitely interested in the 8x30. These would be for when I want something lighter than my primary mid-size bins (SF 10x32), but am not so size constrained that I have to put up with pocket bins (Curio or Victory Pocket).

Unfortunately, the MHG 8x30 don’t work for me.

Last edited:
I
An 8x30 would be very tempting!

Edit to say that: our recent purchase of 8x30HG convinced me that a small bino can have a big view. So a Zeiss competitor could be a game changer (for me at least).
I am told that the 8x30 too shall be unveiled. Jan Next year?

Looks like a good amount of extension on the eyecups. That's important because for some inexplicable reason, compact binoculars often have eyecups too short for the eye relief, which is a major contributor to poor handling.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back