• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Venturer (1 Viewer)

dries1

I finally found one of these 8X23 Venturers with everything, quite surprised that it had the odor of rubber and grease, If it were used, likely not very much if at all.
I think they have better optics and are better built than the Venturer II.

Attachments

• Nikon 8X23.jpg
    Nikon 8X23.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Nikon 8X23 2.jpg
    Nikon 8X23 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 32
I finally found one of these 8X23 Venturers with everything, quite surprised that it had the odor of rubber and grease, If it were used, likely not very much if at all.
I think they have better optics and are better built than the Venturer II.
Nice find, particularly new as old as they are. Very good optics.
I have been looking for a nice example of the 7x21 Nikon Sprint II for many months without success.

I am only interested in the 7x21 Sprint II. The most common 7x21 Nikon is the one that has the squarish/blocky style similar to the 8x23 Venturer's, but I have never heard that one referred to as the Sprint model. Come to think of it I don't think I can ever remember seeing a Sprint I model. See some Sprint III and IV models occasionally, but not the II.

Interesting, I have both the venturer and venturer II and liked the latter more. Of course sample condition plays a large role in 30-40 year old optics and my venturer II is cleaner than the venturer (I took it apart to collimate it and cleaned it while doing so), but to my eyes the II is also a tad sharper with more even focus action.

has530,

What I notice is this a 400XXX serial # and it definitely has different coatings than my older Venturer, 200XXX. The II is also a fun light glass to carry on walks with the dog, just not well built. Pretty amazing that the glass is over 30 years old.
I may ask how you got the II apart down the road.

lilcrazy2, good luck with the search.

has530,

What I notice is this a 400XXX serial # and it definitely has different coatings than my older Venturer, 200XXX. The II is also a fun light glass to carry on walks with the dog, just not well built. Pretty amazing that the glass is over 30 years old.
I may ask how you got the II apart down the road.
That would make sense, my venturer is 200XXX and the coatings and performance are pretty close to my "Look" reverso porros (SN 8XXXXX). Disassembly of the II was surprisingly straightforward. The eyepieces are threaded and screw right off.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back