• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Longshot Warbler ID, Oakville, Ontario (1 Viewer)

D Halas

I realize that, given the position of the bird in these photos, an identification is a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I saw this bird yesterday along a path that follows a creek through a suburban neighbourhood in Oakville, Ontario, which is a bit southwest of Toronto. I only watched it for about a minute before it flew off somewhere and I lost it. The two photos I managed to get aren't very useful for identification purposes, obviously, but I did notice a couple of other field marks through my binoculars before I went for my camera. I noticed that there were faint streaks on the flanks, and also the appearance of a not clearly-defined whitish eye ring. I've got an idea what it might be, but I thought I'd ask here to make sure I'm not overlooking something obvious. With the field marks I noted and what is visible in the pictures, is it possible to ID the bird, or at least narrow it down to two or three possibilities?

Attachments

• warbler1.jpg
    warbler1.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 36
  • warbler2.jpg
    warbler2.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 32
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back