• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesbos late August (1 Viewer)

Rene1958

We normally plan and book our summer holiday well in advance but this year we are going last minute. The option is a week to the sun and we were thinking of Lesbos end of August for a week. I am well aware that it isn't the best time of the year to go there and of course its a family holiday. I was still thinking of taking my long lens with me and do some bird photography maybe early morning/late afternoon evening. My question is of course whether there still will be some opportunities to photograph our feathered friends. Has anyone been there that time of the year? Any input appreciated.
Many thanks
Rene

Hi Rene
I know that this reply is a bit late.
Although it's from 2007 you may find this Birdforum report usefull:
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=67565&highlight=lesvos
There is a comprehensive list of reports with links on Steve Dudley's web page here.
Mr Dudley's guide book is highly recommended for the first time visitor.
It will also give you an idea of what might be seen.
I hope that this doesn't come too late for you.
Regards
Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back