• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holkham (1 Viewer)

Is there a general area favoured by the snow buntings / shore larks.

It's a few winters since I looked for them at holkham.

Would I be best parking opposite holkham hall and heading left when I get to the beach ?

Yes, though the wardens have roped off the general area due to encroachment by photographers, birders and the general public. Given it's still the holiday season with lots of dogs off leads I would expect these birds to have been disturbed and gone somewhere much quieter along the coast, either East to Wells or West towards Burnham Deepdale.

Hi Paul. Park at the reserve itself. The machine takes debit cards. They were to the right in the cordoned off area yesterday - with the Snow Buntings. Pat's absolutely right though. It's incredibly busy there so I'd recommend getting there early. Some great stuff on the sea as well.

Rich

Thanks Rich, forget to say they were out and on the right. They tend to range off towards the Wells area usually.
P

Of interest ( unless you've already left Oxon ), there appears to be a Rose coloured starling in your county.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back