• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! (1 Viewer)

Janem

Hi everyone; I'm Jane, sitting at my computer in Leeds, working my way diligently through the binoculars threads because I need to get two new pairs - a compact one as a Christmas present for my mum, and a medium-sized pair for me in preparation for a birding weekend I'm going on in the new year, and very much looking forward to!
I'm very impressed with the forums here; look forward to taking part in future.

Hi Jane,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin.

Plenty of good advice to be had on bins - some of it contradictory! Let us know how you get on.

Hi Jane,welcome to Birdforum. Good luck with the Binoculars. Don't forget try before you buy if you can.

salty said:
hello, welcome to bird forum! - its a big world when your looking for binos, so much choice!

I know! Where to start! I'm going by a rule of thumb - divide lens diameter by magnification and choose bins that come out between 4 and 5 but it's not even that simple - so much depends on the feel of them, but not all shops have a great selection. I guess I just have to wade through a whole load of comments and make a price-based short list and try to track them down.

Hi Jane welcome to BirdForum. Good luck with the search for your bins, just take your time when choosing.
bert.

Hi Jane and welcome, have you tried Warehouse Express? They have an excellent selection of binoculars and are competively priced. I've had quite a bit of birding equipment off them over the past couple of years and have found them to be very reliable.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back