• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, new member. (1 Viewer)

Paul Donnelly

England
Not sure of appropriate thread, but just returned from Tunisia and had my suit case set aside and was watched by security, cases were searched and bins confiscated, very difficult to reclaim them on return, they had been removed from the room where I was supposed to collect them and I was lead a merry dance around the airport until they miraculously found them, and me ,an hour and a half later in departures . I was told that they are a threat to national security and that it if I wanted to watch birds that I should have taken a camera and telephoto lens.🤔🤔

Hi Paul and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Gosh, it really sounds like you got the runaround at the airport - sorry to hear that.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum, enjoy and all the best and sorry to hear about your problem at the airport.

Hi Paul and welcome aboard. This is why I don't like tfo fly any more. Amazing what this world has turned intfo.

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Sorry to hear that happened, happy you got them back.

Thanks for the welcome, as a foot note, I still picked out Black-winged stilt, spoonbill, greater flamingo, and a swift in and out of the nest, so these old eyes have still got a bit left in them.😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back