• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Handbook of the Birds of the World (1 Viewer)

Tiraya

San Diego CA
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what my chances are of finding this book (series) without dropping my life savings for it? Can it be found in libraries or is it private? Alternatively if anyone has this and wouldn't mind scanning or photographing some of the pages, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in need specifically of Vol 5 so I can have a look at the illustrations and photos in the hummingbird section.

I have recently been working on digital apps (Android, iphone, etc), not field guides, that incorporate wildlife. I consider this important as this is the best platform to target today's generation. The current project is one that features all the world hummingbird species, but it is tough when a large portion of them have no photographs or descriptions online!

I agree you can register for HBW alive and get access.

I just went to the Opus page for hummers and looked at some pages. I on purpose chose those I least knew, where I therefore expected to find pages without photos, but there was photos in more than I expected. Obviosly, no matter if you use images from HBW or from Opus you still have to clear issues of copyright with artists/photographers.

Niels

Agree there are some. Let this be a call for all photographers to add their rarity photos to the gallery here!

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back