• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HANDBOOK of the BIRDS of the WORLD question (1 Viewer)

I have an incomplete set of Handbookof the Birds of the World. Excellent condition.

Volumes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 all unopened, still in original plastic wrapping!

Volumes: 1-9, 11, 15, 16, and Special Volume.

Missing volumes: 10, 12, 13, 14

My sister-in-law, Mary Gustafson, passed on a year ago. I’m guessing she loaned out the missing volumes. She was Cleveland Heights born and raised, later moved to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas to continue her devotion to birds. Known world wide because of her vast knowledge and willingness to share, teach, and truly love all things birds. Her home in Texas had thousands of books. These made the trip to Ohio and I’d love for someone nearby to own them.

I’m hoping to sell all volumes together. I am in the Toledo Ohio area and willing to drive these books to you, within reason.
Asking a gas fee, which will be much less than shipping. Each volume weighs between 8 and 10 pounds.

Is there any interest in these beautiful books? What might be the best website to sell?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Happy birding!

Annette

IMG_6896.jpeg

Ornithology Book Classifieds group on Facebook is probably worth a shot. Two complete 16-volume sets and several individual volumes have been up for sale in that group in the past two years. I would also put it up for sale on Ebay.

Last edited:
Ornithology Book Classifieds group on Facebook is probably worth a shot. Two complete 16-volume sets and several individual volumes have been up for sale in that group in the past two years. I would also put it up for sale on Ebay.
Thank you CaliSteve! I was hoping to avoid eBay. I’d rather someone get a better deal than eBay getting all the fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back