• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gull Rehabilitation Centre UK (1 Viewer)

Sally7216

United Kingdom
Hi I posted on the introduction page but thought I should also put this here too.

I volunteer for Bird Aid in Hailsham East Sussex in the UK which is the only dedicated Gull rescue in here for the rehabilitation and release of injured gulls and permanent home for disabled gulls.
Sadly the charity is facing closure at the end of the year due to withdrawal of support from a donor who now wants their investment returned, so disabled permanent resident gulls will be facing euthanasia and we will not be able to help the hundreds we save every year unless we can secure the land and hospital. We have had some TV coverage and national newspaper articles and backing of Chris Packham and we're hoping for more support. We now have 5 weeks left and have only raised 60% needed. Whilst I'm not asking you for money if you could retweet or share on your social media pages of their plight we would be very very grateful.
Heres the link to their website

Many thanks
Sally

Photo of one of my resident visitors in my garden female Larus Argentus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210706-111720_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-111720_Gallery.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 6
True. Wrong choice of words on my part. They are an investor who put up half the money for the charity buildings and land and now they out of the blue want their money back and are not giving realistic time for £170k to be found.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back