• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eastern Phoebe backyard friend ..follows me and jealous (1 Viewer)

An Eastern phoebe approached me in backyard. We are buds but she follows me and is jealous when i speak with neighbors. Anyone else ever experience this?

I wonder if it had been a rescue and treated by humans before being let go. Could be why it is so friendly with you ;)

That could be possible. I’ve never really had any experiences with birds other than admiring their beauty and their songs. This bird appeared out in the garden snd followed me around the yard for at least an hour. She was very friendly and wanted to be close. This was so mesmerizing and exciting to be having this new friendship with a yard bird . Now Phoebe comes when i call her or she hears my voice. When i visit with my nextdoor neighbor chatting over the backyard fence, Phoebe barges in and sits up close on the fenced between us . She does get aggressive with my neighbor. This has happened twice. The mailman pulled up to the garage in his mail truck to deliver a package snd Phoebe flew in and perched in the middle of our conversation. The mailman said he had never seen anything like this before, Many times Phoebe will sit on my kitchen window and just watch me. Nature is a beautiful thing and this cute little bird makes the day special!

Attachments

• 5270A289-3543-4309-A5FB-C1812CD47746.jpeg
    5270A289-3543-4309-A5FB-C1812CD47746.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 23
An Eastern phoebe approached me in backyard. We are buds but she follows me and is jealous when i speak with neighbors. Anyone else ever experience this?
Back in the fall I had a phoebe that was very friendly and watched me trim bushes from a distance of about four feet. He darted off to the edge of my porch and caught a bug and flew back to his perch and seemed to be displaying the bug to me.

I found this forum doing a google search for friendly phoebes. I have one too! Ive been doing a lot of yardwork the last few days clearing out undergrowth and this phoebe started following me around. Im using a lawn mower and he doesnt even care. Flys down to pick bugs out of the freshly mulched leaves.

After a few days my wife finally believes me. He follows me all over the yard. Today he did the dance with a piece of moss like it was a present. Its the absolute coolest thing ever.

20210311_140550.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back