• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Diamondback hd 10x42 vs Viper HD 12x50. (1 Viewer)

Elton

Brazil
Seria uma vantagem passar de um Diamondback HD 10x42 para um Viper 12x50?

(Rough Translatation: which would be an advantage Diamondback HD 10x42 or a Viper 12x50?)

Last edited by a moderator:
In my own experience the Diamondback leave a bit to be desired and the higher the magnification the more this is a problem. The next level up for a 10x or 12x binocular is going to be more usable. I have tried the Vortex 12x50 Viper HD, Razor HD, Razor UHD, and Diamondback HD models. The best overall to my eyes were the Viper HD and the Razor HD. The Razor UHD was no better than the less expensive Razor HD and the Diamondback were not usable.

Na minha própria experiência o Diamondback deixa um pouco a desejar e quanto maior a ampliação mais isso é um problema. O próximo nível para um binóculo 10x ou 12x será mais utilizável. Eu experimentei os modelos Vortex 12x50 Viper HD, Razor HD, Razor UHD e Diamondback HD. Os melhores no geral, aos meus olhos, foram o Viper HD e o Razor HD. O Razor UHD não era melhor do que o Razor HD mais barato e o Diamondback não era utilizável.
Quero fazer um upgrade e poder ver mais longe... Terei essa experiência com o Viper HD 12X50?

In my own experience the Diamondback leave a bit to be desired and the higher the magnification the more this is a problem. The next level up for a 10x or 12x binocular is going to be more usable. I have tried the Vortex 12x50 Viper HD, Razor HD, Razor UHD, and Diamondback HD models. The best overall to my eyes were the Viper HD and the Razor HD. The Razor UHD was no better than the less expensive Razor HD and the Diamondback were not usable.
I had all those binoculars also, and you are spot on correct.

The Diamondbacks are very usable and quite okay for the price. Build quality is excellent. I have the 12x50 and can't confirm the criticism at all. The only issue is the slightly more visible false color. But it's not worse than other binos in that price range. And sensitivity to false color is very different from one person to the next. Best is always, try before you buy or buy from a store with good return policy.

The Diamondbacks are very usable and quite okay for the price. Build quality is excellent. I have the 12x50 and can't confirm the criticism at all. The only issue is the slightly more visible false color. But it's not worse than other binos in that price range. And sensitivity to false color is very different from one person to the next. Best is always, try before you buy or buy from a store with good return policy.
[COLOR=var(--YLNNHc)]I regret to inform you that there is no physical store in my region where I can take the test. Therefore, I will have to base myself on the information you provide. Thank you everyone for your opinions.[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back