• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica Holiday (1 Viewer)

I can't wait that long

I have changed my dates to end of September and this is all great info. Please feel free to add any more info as it all helps so much.

I managed almost 80 species by myself during walks up to 1 mile from hotel. I dare say there could be more to be found but the intense heat does start to increase as mornings progress.

The following is the list seen from hotel walks :

Magnificent Frigatebird, Neotropic Cormorant, Brown Pelican, Great Egret, Cattle Egret, Black Vulture, Turkey Vulture, King Vulture, Osprey, Common Black Hawk, Roadside Hawk, Grey Hawk, Short-Tailed Hawk, Zone-Tailed Hawk, Double-Striped Thick-Knee, Spotted Sand, Red-Billed Pigeon, White-Winged Dove, Inca Dove, Common Ground-Dove, Ruddy Ground-Dove, White-Tipped Dove, Squirrel Cuckoo, Black-Billed Cuckoo, Groove-Billed Ani, Spectacled Owl, Lesser Nighthawk, Common Paraque, White-Collared Swift, Plain-Capped Starthroat, Canivet's Emerald, Steely-Vented Hummingbird, Cinnamon Hummingbird, Black-Headed Trogon, Elegant Trogon, Ringed Kingfisher, Hoffman's Woodpecker, Lineated Woodpecker, Pale-Billed Woodpecker, Crested Caracara, Orange-Fronted Parakeet, Orange-Chinned Parakeet, White-Fronted Parrot, Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet, Yellow-Olive Flycatcher, Brown-Crested Flycatcher, Great Kiskadee, Boat-Billed Flycatcher, Social Flycatcher, Sulphur-Bellied Flycatcher, Piratic Flycatcher, Tropical Kingbird, Eastern Kingbird, Long-Tailed Manakin, Rose-Throated Becard, Yellow-Green Vireo, Lesser Greenlet, White-Throated Magpie-Jay, Grey-Breasted Martin, Mangrove Swallow, Sand Martin, Barn Swallow, Rufous-Naped Wren, Banded Wren, White-Lored Gnatcatcher, Swainson's Thrush, Clay-Coloured Thrush, Yellow Warbler, Rufous-Capped Warbler, Blue-Grey Tanager, Olive Sparrow, Stripe-Headed Sparrow, Melodious Blackbird, Great-Tailed Grackle, Streak-Backed Oriole, Scrub Euphonia.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back